Monday, January 21, 2013

A Discovery

I watch old movies.  I realize that this isn't for everyone.  But part of the fun is stumbling upon a film that no one else talks about - or has fallen between the cracks of film history.  Film Noir seems to be rich with this type of scenario.  Films that were churned out and perhaps now forgotten.  Turner Classic recently invited Film Noir expert Eddie Muller to program an evening of noir and he presented a real doozy.  99 River Street just blew me away.  It's got a lot of the usual noir cliches, but when it ended I felt like I was now in some sort of private club that now carried a 99 River Street card. 

If these venetian blinds, dark alleys, and femme fatale suit your fancy then I recommend working your way through this list - some real knockouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment